Punch Needle Class - January 15th - Los Angeles
Sunday January 15th 2023 | 10am-2pm | 122 E. 7th Street, Los Angeles CA
Join Micah of Punch Needle World in her Downtown Los Angeles studio to learn everything you need to know to get started creating punch needle rugs and works of art!
In this 4 hour workshop, you will learn all the basics of punch needle: stretching your monkscloth on a gripper frame, selecting your yarn, designing your piece, best practices for using your punch needle, troubleshooting and finishing your work -- along with a whole bunch of tips and tricks along the way.
This is the perfect class for beginners, or those who have tried punch needle but are looking for more in-depth guidance on technique.
- The highest quality punch needle supplies: cotton monkscloth and a colorful selection of wool rug yarn for your piece, and a size 10 Regular Oxford Punch Needle and Gripper Strip Frame for you to use for the day
- A selection of patterns and design templates for you to work from (or design your own!)
- Examples of all types of finished work that can be created with punch needle
- Intro Punch Needle Lesson from Micah
- Intimate class size (no more than 8 students)
- 1:1 support from Micah throughout the day
- Coffee, tea & snacks
- An supportive and inspiring creative environment!
Once you purchase this class, your order # is your confirmation. Rest assured we've got you on the list! You'll receive an email the week before the class with more information about arrival, parking and any extra supplies you might need.
If you need to cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 72 hours before your class so we can try to fill your spot. Please refer to our Refund Policy for additional details.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Micah Clasper-Torch is a fiber artist and designer, a Certified Oxford Punch Needle Instructor, and the founder of Punch Needle World. She brings a unique perspective to Punch Needle that is both rooted in the history of the craft, and passionately invested in it's current and future applications.
She has been practicing punch needle for the past 5 years and has taught thousands of students through her online courses on Domestika and Punch Needle Academy. Her work has been featured in Koel, Love Embroidery, Rug Hooking Magazine, SisterMag, Mollie Makes and Amy Oxford’s Punch Needle Rug Hooking: Your Complete Guide to Learn and Love the Craft.